Who we are:
An association that was founded in 1965 by insurance companies to promote the development and expansion of sound insurance and reinsurance activities in Uganda.
How we do this:
We work to advance the interests of insurance and reinsurance companies by adopting a common strategy that encourages and promotes close cooperation, the exchange of business among members, builds on knowledge through research, influences the enactment of favourable legislation and represents the views of the membership to Government, quasi-government and private bodies.
To be the most respected and effective trade association in East Africa.
To promote best practices and the highest standards within the Ugandan insurance sector safeguarding the consumers’ best interests.
- Cooperation; and
Insurance and Reinsurance companies in Uganda.
Membership in 2019:
- AIG Insurance
- Alliance Africa General Insurance Ltd
- APA Insurance (U) Ltd,
- Britam Insurance Co. (U) Ltd
- CIC General Insurance (U) Ltd
- CIC Africa Life Assurance (U) Ltd
- Excel Insurance Co. Ltd
- First Insurance Company Ltd
- Grand Micro-Insurance
- GoldStar Insurance Co. Ltd
- ICEA General Insurance Co. Ltd
- ICEA Life Assurance Co. Ltd
- Liberty General Insurance Co. Ltd
- Liberty Life Assurance (U) Ltd
- Mayfair Insurance
- Metropolitan Life Uganda Ltd
- MUA Insurance
- NIC General Insurance Co Ltd
- NIC Life Assurance Co. Ltd
- NOVA Insurance Co. Ltd
- Pax Insurance Company Ltd
- Prudential Assurance (U) Ltd
- Rio Insurance Company Ltd
- Sanlam General Insurance (U) Ltd
- Sanlam Life Insurance Co. Ltd
- Statewide Insurance Co. Ltd
- The Jubilee Insurance Co. of Uganda Ltd
- The Jubilee Life Insurance Co. of Uganda
- TransAfrica Assurance Co. Ltd
- UAP-Old Mutual Insurance Uganda Ltd
- UAP-Old Mutual Life Assurance U Ltd
- African Reinsurance Corporation (Africa Re)
- Uganda Reinsurance Company Limited (Uganda Re)
- African Trade Insurance Agency (ATI)
- Zep-Re (PTA Reinsurance Company)
Where you can find us:
Insurers House, Plot 24A Acacia Avenue, Kololo, Kampala, Uganda.
Tel: +256 414 230 469, +256 414 500 945/6
Toll free: 0800 10 50 50